19 Essential Web Applications for Environmental Science Professionals
If your passion is environmental science, you’re no doubt looking for ways to be greener in your everyday life. Luckily, going green and staying green is easier than ever with the large number of web applications dedicated to helping us protect the environment. Check out these 19 web apps that environmental scientists will love.
For Your Android
- Ecorio: This great app allows you to track your carbon footprint and learn ways to reduce and offset it.
- News Environment: Search for news related to the environment with this application for your Android. This app is GPS enabled. This app is GPS enabled. Keep up with all the latest environmental news wherever you go.
- Quick News for Environment: Similar to the application above, but designed especially to provide local environmental news.
- Health News: This app offers news information about many health topics, including environmental health issues. This is a great app for those concerned particularly about health issues with environmental causes.
- Eco Footprint: Calculate your own carbon footprint and learn about ways to reduce it. Information is provided by the Wildlife Fund.
- No Dry Clean: Use this application to find cleaners who use alternative methods for clothes cleaning to help you avoid toxic dry cleaning processes.
- Easy Green Tips: Get tips every day on going green with this application. You’ll learn easy ways to reduce waste and save energy.
- Carbon Meter: This application tracks and logs your environmentally friendly activities, like walking somewhere instead of using your car. You can feel better every day about your green activities, and look for ways to increase them.
- Guide to Organic Gardening: This app helps you learn all about organic gardening so that you can grow vegetables, fruits and flowers without putting harmful chemicals into the ground. This app is great for beginning gardeners.
For Your iPhone
- Good Guide: Helps you find healthy, sustainable and safe products when you shop. You can locate stores and products quickly and easily by zip code.
- iRecycle: The most comprehensive reference of recycling information on the web.
- Greenspot: Get news and information about sustainability and green living.
- The Green Meter: This cool app computes your vehicle’s power and fuel usage and evaluates your driving to increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and cost, and lower your environmental impact.
- Greencard: Get rid of those paper business cards. Green card lets you create and send a digital business card.
- Go Organic!: This iPhone app helps you locate the organic food closest to you. Includes restaurants and grocery stores.
- Gorgeously Green Survival Guide: Get the scoop on environmentally friendly cosmetics and learn how to green up your home from Sophie, who has been all over television teaching women how to live greener. . Do you know, for example, if your shampoo was tested on animals?
- Meter Read: Track your home’s energy consumption and learn how you can reduce it.This app offers you a great way to save money at home, too.
- Green Outlet: Monitor your home’s energy use and rid yourself of those parasitic devices and other drains on energy with this app. This one really helps you save money, too.
- Green Map: This app helps you connect with others going green. Find the nearest farmer’s market, and other sites designed to help your community live a little greener.
You can certainly use these and other web apps like them to help you locate green resources, conserve energy, recycle and connect with other people and programs in your area that are dedicated to reducing our impact on the planet in both large and small ways. Sometimes, it’s not the big things we do that have a real impact, but rather the smaller things that add up. By using these web applications, you can make your life a little greener every day, which, over time, can make a big impact. When your career is environmental science, you certainly want to be able to feel good about what you’re doing everyday at your own home.Let Your Friends Know: